The 1930's were Northcliffe’s heyday in many ways. The ponds were cleaned out, the cottage converted to a shelter, the putting green was completed. A new entrance with shrubbery and flower beds was made off Bradford Road (near where the flat are now). The Council rejected an application to put an aviary into Northcliffe Woods because of the costs of building and maintaining it.
Eight hard tennis courts were built and the new Northcliffe Park Tennis Club was allowed the use of two courts. The bowling green also opened but the council did not approve the formation of a bowling club here.
The sports pitches were well used with 13 football clubs using them, plus the ladies’ hockey pitches which the Airedale Harriers used to train on in winter.
The Council took out a loan to obtain a horse for rolling and mowing the playing fields.
The bandstand hosted 13 concerts in 1931 alone, including Don Pedro’s Band. The playing fields continued to be booked by schools, churches, and many others organisations. May Day celebrations were allowed, a carnival week was organised and in August 1935 there were sheep dog trials.
The Council had a deputation from local unemployed people asking for work in Northcliffe to be given to them. A third set of allotments of 67 plots was set up for unemployed men along the back of Lynton Drive and were known as Spring Woods Allotment. To get a plot men had to be interviewed by Councillors and an official from the unemployment office. 49 plots were allocated to unemployed men and the rest to plot holders from Fernhill allotments who were being displaced. Shovels and water tubs were provided. Soon there was a dispute between the Council and the employment exchange about plot holders being prevented from cultivating their allotments because they were required to attend training courses, with the Council arguing that growing food was a good reason for not attending.
An application by a military band to give night time performances in Northcliffe was rejected, and in 1936 the British Union of Fascists were denied permission to hold a mass meeting with Oswald Mosley. From 1937 bookings included those by the Shipley Branch of the League of Nations, the British Legion Garden Party and the Military Anti-Aircraft Display.
The line of trees along the main tarmac path through the park were planted in 1937 for the Coronation of King George V.
The old golf club house was bought for £45 and turned into dressing rooms, but soon the building was in a dangerous condition and it was demolished for scrap. Plans were made for a refreshment pavilion and for a replacement dressing room but then the war loomed and all plans were put on hold.